Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Author Wednesdays-Cristal Ryder



                                             © Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images  

Hello and welcome to Author Wednesday. Today, Cristal Ryder aka Honey Hotness of the Cabal of Hotness fame is here. Thanks for stopping by today Cristal and answering some questions.


What was your ideal career when you were a child?
 I never really thought much of this but a jockey was top on my list. I loved and still love horsese, 
so it was going to be somethig to do with them. I grew too tall for a jockey and there wasn't enough money to be a show jumper. So those dreams were dashed.

Tell us about a typical writing day for you.
 I live between two houses so it gets complicated. Ideally, during the week I write for an hour
at lunch and then for an hour or two when I ge home from work - depending where I am. If I can get 1 - 3 hours in per day I'm happy but the past year has been crazy so it hasn't really happened and my writing time has been significantly reduced.

Do you have a favorite writing snack?
Hmm a rum and diet pepsi does that count :D chips but normally nothing because I don't like sticky fingers on my keyboard so I tend not to eat and write. Hey, maybe I should write more - better than Weight Watchers!

Do you have any writing rituals?
 No. Can't say that I do. Is that boring?

Do you prefer to write in silence or with music?
 I can't listen with headphones to music. If there is sound around me I can tune it out but I don't need
music to spark my muse. The tv is too distracting though, so I never have it on if I can help it.

Where’s your favourite place to write?
 Anywhere I can. But I've written more books at Mohawk Racetrack during the winters. We'll go to the racebook and I tune out the world and dive into the writing. What's nice about it there, is the little cubicles. I can do my thing and Meat Man can do his. I'm very productive there - when we go.

What’s your biggest writing achievement? 
I have big news that I'm waiting for finalizing before making public...so watch my 
blog and tweets and Facebook over the next few days. Why? Because I've wanted this since I was in my twenties :)

Can you tell us about your current book,
 Watch Me. Is my most recently submitted book to Ellora's Cave. Its a moresome menage. Yes you read that right, a girlie getting love from three dudes! The setting is back in Desire After Dark, the sex  club in Plus One, an Ellora's Cave release. Fingers crossed she accepts it!

What can readers expect next from you?
 Not so sure just yet. This goes back to the big news. It depends on that :D but there seems to be a lot in the works right now.

If you could travel in a time machine, would go back to the past or to the future?
 Gee, this is a difficult one. So much of past would be great to visit, but not stay there. The future is also intriguing and the Star Trek future is more what I'd like to visit, not the Alien type future. But in honesty, I'm quite happy where I am today.Oh! Wait, maybe I'd like to go back to my twenties and change a few things. 

Other than writing, what are some of your passions in life?
 Travel, family time, nature, pets, to live life to its fullest!


Fun Questions

Pepsi or Coke? 
Pepsi

Salty or Sweet? 
Salty

Shoes or barefoot? 
Barefoot

Favorite ice cream? 
With caramel and fudge swirled into a nice vanilla. But I LOVE drumstick with the chocolate plug at the bottom of the sugar cone.

Early bird or night owl? 
Both, try to get the most out of each day.


Blurb:        Book One
Jenna takes a big risk and decides to live in the moment. After months of communication by social media, she accepts an invitation to Colorado where she finally meets her cowboy. Burned by past romances, Jenna is determined to move on and goes with one goal in mind—a booty call with a tall, dark, sexy cowboy.

Chet is a romantic at heart and when Jenna arrives, he knows there’s more to her than a pretty face and a hot body. A casual fling won’t do. He’s smitten and decides to woo her the old-fashioned way with time and patience. And of course, hot sex.

Their chemistry is elemental and they come together with heat that sears the snowy peaks. When Mother Nature steps in, Jenna is forced to face the feelings she’s tried so hard to keep buried and Chet has to draw on his mountain skills to save the woman he has come to love.

Buy Links:

Ellora's Cave



Blurb:      Book Two
Unable to stay away from her sexy cowboy, Jenna flies back to him and the Colorado Rockies. A part of her stayed in the wild and rugged west after she left and she wants to rekindle their passion. And uncover the potential riches hidden in this majestic landscape.

Chet sets out to mine a special place in Jenna’s heart with love and their undeniable chemistry. Their steamy affair has Jenna searching for more than gold in the mountains—she wants Chet’s rock-hard love, anywhere she can get it.




Buy Links:

  Ellora's Cave



Blurb:
After fleeing her hometown years ago, Kara Sinclair has returned to breathe life back into the bakery her deceased grandmother left behind. She has a history in this town—one that involves her one true love. A boy she’d thought she’d give her life to before circumstance got in the way. She needs to focus on her task, but one look at Maxwell Stone and all the old feelings return. And it isn’t long before she can think of nothing else but reigniting the passion they once shared.

Max never understood what drove Kara away all those years ago, and once she returns to their Canadian hometown, he’s hell bent on getting her back into his life…and his bed. But when he uncovers the reason she left him behind, he must decide if he can move on from the past and trust his heart with the only woman he’s ever loved.


Buy Links:

Ellora's Cave



Blurb:
A girls’ night out for a pole dance workshop at her friend’s upscale sex club takes a wild turn for normally timid Karen. She knew what to expect, but not how far she’d be willing to go.

Rob comes to Desire After Dark as a plus one. His only expectation is visual stimulation, not participation. But that soon changes when he spots the buttoned-up-to-there beauty hanging around on the sidelines.

Thrown together, Karen and Rob find the sexual heat between them undeniable. Surrounded by twosomes and moresomes, they step on an unexpected and steamy path. But when another joins in, they have a plus one of their own.


Buy Links:

Ellora's Cave


Blurb:
Steve wasn’t sure how finding a match on a dating site could have gone so wrong—or was it so right? Younger than him by ten years, Clare exudes confidence, sexuality and an erotic allure that leaves no room for misinterpretation. She wants him. And he wants nothing more than to bury himself in her heat. But Clare comes with some baggage. Literally. Once his predatory minx breaks open the suitcase and the toys come out, Steve knows he’s in for the wildest ride of his life.






Buy Links:

Ellora's Cave



Blurb:
The virgin whose carefully planned hymen removal doesn’t work out the way all the romance novels told her it would. A busty broad doing what she can to get over her penis anxiety—assisted by a cadre of male strippers. A not-so-bright (and not so “big”) alien who comes to claim his life mate, and the Earth girl who wants to be claimed at all costs. A cursed, mute shapeshifter who needs to pop his cherry with his unsuspecting fated mate.

If you’re looking for the perfect romance with the perfect hero and heroine, this isn’t it! This is a series of spoofs, parodies, just-for-fun lighthearted take-offs. It’s for all us longtime, hard-core romance readers who can laugh at the clichés, purple prose and “suspend your disbelief” plot devices that haunt our beloved favorite genre.



Buy Links:

Ellora's Cave



Blurb:
His plan was to find a mate to give him offspring, not to bear the children himself! Can a centuries-old city vampire and a honky-tonk country honey accept each other’s unusual sexual needs? The perfect dream lover is definitely too good to be true, especially when you’ve been drinking in an Irish pub. What’s a male erotic dancer actually thinking during that lap dance?

If you’re looking for the perfect romance with the perfect hero and heroine, this isn’t it! This is a series of spoofs, parodies, just-for-fun lighthearted take-offs. It’s for all us longtime, hard-core romance readers who can laugh at the clichés, purple prose and “suspend your disbelief” plot devices that haunt our beloved favorite genre.


Buy Links:
Ellora's Cave




Author Bio:
I want to run away to a tropical isle. Give me warm sand,sun, a turquoise lagoon, palm trees and sunsets, something to write with and I’m happy girl.

I’ve loved telling stories for most of my life. In fact this past Spring I was at my high school’s 50th reunion and an old school friend remembered me telling a story in Grade 3. Apparantly, I yakked about my dad falling in the driveway, hitting his head and slicing off his hair. Really! A penchant for drama maybe?

Anyway, I love to write about places I’d like to be. Somewhere I could escape to and live life as my characters do. I hope the passion comes through to you, and you can let go of the harsh realities of life, even if only for a little while.

I hope you look for me at Ellora’s Cave, Sybarite Seductions and Lyrical Press.

Cristal read her first romance at age twelve. Taylor Caldwell introduced her to passion and romance that fueled a craving to read anything she could get her hands on.

Cristal wrote her first story at fifteen, and spent many hours escaping into worlds she created on the walk to and from high school with her friends.

Cristal lives in a small Canadian town, is a single mom of two college aged sons. Along with her writing,
Cristal works full time, loves horses, the outdoors and will jet off at any given opportunity to see the world.

Cristal is multi-published with Ellora's Cave, Sybarite Seductions and Lyrical Press.

Contact Cristal:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Website


Thanks again, Cristal for taking time out of your busy schedule to be here today. Cristal is the last of the Cabal of Hotness Authors, and it's been a blast hosting all the craziness that is the Cabal!

Please stop back next Wednesday, when my guest will be Victoria Vane!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much of having me here! It was great to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure!!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete