Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Author Wendi Zwaduk Drawn Together Guest Post!!!


I'd like to welcome Wendi Zwaduk to For Whom The Books Toll today. She's talking about her new book, Drawn Together. Thanks for stopping by today, Wendi.


How I Got to Drawn Together (AKA How I Finally Got to Ellora’s Cave)

I first want to thank Julianne for having me at the blog. It’s so much fun to hang out with friends. When I asked her if there was space for me, she was so nice. I knew I had to come over.

She asked me to tell you a little about Drawn Together. There’s a rather funny genesis story for this novella. I spent time teaching art at a junior high/high school. Talk about a wide spread of age groups. Lots of hormones flaring, too. I was only there for four years, but I learned a lot about myself and my kids. I also learned to observe. Drawn Together was born out of that time teaching. I had two characters—Tessa and Graig—who were teachers. They wanted to get together, but didn’t seem traditionally matched for each other. Tessa’s name just came to me when she said, this is my name. Yeah, it was that simple. Graig’s name came from a friend of mine when I was a kid. I always liked the way he spelled Graig. Not traditionally. Very cool.

I started writing this book over two and a half years ago. I had the idea but I wasn’t sure what to do with it. I started it and got about 6,000 words done. Then for some reason, I just stopped. Yep, stopped. I let the story sit.
Two years ago, I went to the Lori Foster Reader and Author Get Together. Kelli Collins, from Ellora’s Cave was there. My friend, Cheryl Dragon, kept nudging me to submit to EC. I had already given pitches to Decadent Publishing and Turquoise Morning Publishing that day, so when I saw Kelli, I thought, what the heck? Why not? I politely asked her if I could talk with her about a possible submission. She listened to me and when I was done, she gave me some points to think about. She also gave me her card. Now that might not seem like a lot, but in my mind it was enough push for me to get back going on the book. It took me another year to get the story fully written and polished. Finally, before RT this past year, I submitted Drawn Together to EC. I had to do a couple of revisions, but the rest is history.
I’m glad I took the time to finish Drawn Together and I’m equally thrilled to be with Ellora’s Cave.

I love my naughty teachers and hope you do as well. They’ve got kinks in all the right places. Here’s a little bit more about them:

Title: Drawn Together 
Author: Wendi Zwaduk
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave Publishing, LLC
Novella
M/F, Spanking, Light BDSM

Blurb:
Graig Case wants to teach history and coach baseball. Plain and simple. But nothing in his life has been simple. He’s also got a secret. He loves to watch the sexy woman across the courtyard dance. He’d love for his fantasy girl to be his best friend, but fantasy and reality don’t always mix.

Tessa Martin has given up on love. She’s played second fiddle most of her life. Guys like hanging out with her. But being one of the guys doesn’t keep her warm at night. Still, she indulges in her one treat—dancing naked at night for Graig. No emotions involved means no one gets hurt.

Except when they end up working in the same school, in the same hallway. Then all bets are off.

Inside Scoop: This lucky hero gets to take control when his new girl encourages him to spank her.

Buy Links:



Ellora's Cave


And now a Hot EXCERPT:

Artists do it dirty.

He loved the poster on her wall. Such an odd item for the bedroom wall of an adult woman, but then again, he liked it, so maybe he was just as odd. Didn’t really matter. Once the woman caught him watching her, well, the game would be over.

Graig settled back into the easy chair he’d moved into his bedroom. He checked his watch once more. Eleven o’clock. Just about time for her to come into her bedroom.

He shouldn’t watch her. Shouldn’t be turned on by the sway of her hips as she shimmied out of her jeans. But damn. She moved like she knew he was there.

The light flicked on, bathing the room across the courtyard in warmth. Thank God they both lived on the top floor with balconies blocking the view to the apartments below. Any lower and everyone else would be able to see her. Blood pounded in his veins and heat flooded his body. Any moment now. The woman stepped into frame. She unwound the elastic from her hair and tossed her dark tresses over her shoulder. The scent of strawberry floated to him. Her perfume? The scent of her shampoo? Probably his mind playing tricks on him, but he didn’t care. He licked his lips. Just to grab hold of the silky locks and bury his face in them.

She looked so damn familiar, but he’d never ventured across the courtyard to get a better look. She reminded him of the minx from the school. Tessa didn’t strike him as the type to dance in front of an open window. She came across so stiff and proper, not at all like the vibrant babe he loved to watch. Maybe if she peeled back the layers surrounding her and lived a little. Maybe. God, he wanted her to be Tessa. The resemblance was uncanny.

The woman turned her back to him and rolled her shoulders. Graig rubbed his flattened palm across his torso. His nipples beaded. From his touch or the vision of her? Both worked for him. She rested her hands on her hips, drawing his attention to her ass. A nice, plush bottom, perfect for slapping during sex and sinful when she danced.

He prayed she’d turn on her stereo. Not for the music, although sometimes he caught faint snippets of her selections. He wanted the music to accompany her dance. God, he’d come in his hand just from watching her move to whatever sensual beat she blasted from her stereo.

She snapped her fingers and left the frame of the window. Graig shot forward in his seat. Oh hell no, this wasn’t allowed to be over so soon. His heart raced. “I am too attached to this mystery woman, but damn,” he mumbled and closed his eyes. “I’m not done.”

Graig gripped the arms of the chair, ready to vacate his bedroom. Without her on display, going to bed wasn’t in the cards. He opened his eyes and watched the window.

Tingles shot from his toes to his brain to his cock. She was naked.

“Whoa,” he whispered. Full breasts bounced with her every step. Pink tinged nipples pointed to him. A thin thatch of curls protected her pussy. His lips parted and he gasped for air. For the first time since he’d started watching her, she stared in his direction. Could she see him? She cupped her breasts, giving her nipples a squeeze. Had to be Tessa or her damned twin. Did she have a twin? Not that he knew of. He couldn’t help wanting the fantasy girl to be the woman he craved—to be Tessa.
“Come on, Tessa. Show me everything.”

@Copyright Wendi Zwaduk 2014


And a little bit about me!

I’ve always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I love playing with words and letting the characters run wild.

NASCAR, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, animals and second chance romance all feature prominently in my books. I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. Come join me for this fantastic journey!  
If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!

Contact Wendi:

Blog  








Twitter

Website   


Thanks again, Wendi for taking time out of your busy schedule and stopping by today. Congratulations on your new release with Ellora's Cave.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here. This was a blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime Wendi. I really enjoyed your visit. Come back anytime. Great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete