Thursday, February 20, 2014

BTB- Champagne Flutes & Cowboy Boots Book Tour




Hello and welcome to my blog! I'm glad you stopped by today. I'm hosting Champagne Flutes and Cowboy Boots Book Tour. There are two great books and one is FREE for a limited time.



Title: Only if You Dare
Author: Margo Hoornstra
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 117 pages
Release Date: February 12, 2014
Published by: The Wild Rose Press 


Blurb:
All the pleasures and none of the pain, that's what Cynthia Buckingham wants in a relationship these days. A one-night stand with Jonah Colt seems to fit that bill perfectly. Newly divorced, she's too busy planning her daughter's wedding for any serious involvement. Besides, her true passion is helping victims of PTSD reclaim their lives.

Waking up after spending the night with a woman he barely knows, Jonah is stunned to realize sex for the sake of sex isn't enough for him anymore. A veteran of more military battles than he cares to count, he wants to forget it all and focus on peaceful civilian life. Except flashbacks won't allow it.

Falling for Cynthia makes Jonah regret his weakened state, but he'd rather hide the truth than face it. When she sets aside everything she believes in to help him heal, can he accept her help--and her love?


Buy Links:
    

Barnes & Noble
The Wild Rose Press



Excerpt:
From the very beginning, Jonah made the evening perfect. Taking them around to her side of the car, getting her safely settled and shut inside before he took his place behind the wheel. Then reversed the process after they arrived at Cornell’s, a high priced seafood restaurant, with the very best shrimp cocktail ever created.

“My favorite place. But how did you know?”

He paused to take her hand as they approached the entrance. “Let’s just say I used my powers of observation.”

Their evening together was wonderful to say the least. So why did an unusual sense of regret slide through her every time she and Jonah took a short break from laughing?

Because their time together like this, like a normal, happy couple who enjoyed each other’s company—outside the bedroom as well as in—would soon end?

Then what?

Had she so diverted from the no strings and no commitments plan she had laid out for the rest of her life? Who knew if she had the ability to pull it off?

If she concentrated hard enough, she could see them going on this way for years. When she allowed herself to imagine the two of them together beyond the one night stand that had drifted on for the better part of a few weeks now. Truth was, she could see them together, but not too clearly.

Life’s simple pleasures. That’s what she intended to share with Jonah Colt. Life’s simple pleasures. And none of its pain.




Like many writers, it’s hard to determine exactly when my fiction writing career began. I remember composing a short story in grade school (I have no idea about what) which was chosen for publication in an all school anthology. A journalism class taken in junior high school led to a job on the school newspaper and a weekly column.

I always loved reading. I loved writing too. Someday, I thought, maybe when I grew up and received the right training, I could actually write a book. After all, I was often told, laughingly most times, I had an extremely vivid imagination.

Through the years, the desire to write was always there. I had so many ideas and characters roaming around in my head, so many stories. But the business of living—going to college, getting married then raising a family—took precedence over something as frivolous as writing a book.

Then one day out of the blue I was downsized—effective immediately—from a job I’d held for over thirty years. What seemed so unfair at the time, I now recognize the tremendous gift I was given that day. As I’m now able to spend more and more time doing what I love—writing romantic fiction—I find I really do have an abundance of stories to share.

Blog   
Facebook   
Goodreads   
Google +    
Twitter     
Website  





Title: Asking for Trouble
Author: Jannine Gallant
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 111 pages
Release Date: December 26, 2013
Published by: The Wild Rose Press                               http://wildrosepress.com/

Blurb:
Daycare owner, Miranda O'Neill, isn't looking for a miracle. But that's what it'll take to convince Cole Matheson the American Dream isn't a trap designed to suck the life out of him. She wants a house with a white picket fence. He wants adventure. She yearns for babies of her own. He's perfectly content claiming his aging hound as his only dependent. The one thing they agree on--they can't keep their hands off each other.

Six months ago, they'd admitted love wasn't enough and parted ways. But when Cole finds himself in charge of his nephew for the ten longest days of his life, only one person can save him.

Will Miranda put aside her heartache to jump into the fray? Can Cole find any redeeming qualities in a demon in a diaper? Either way, both know they're just asking for trouble.


Buy Links:



Excerpt:

“So, how was your day?”

Miranda turned away from the sun sinking below the horizon in a burst of gold and crimson, and regarded him with a sober expression. Taking the beer he offered, she nodded her thanks. “Pretty typical. One skinned knee, two leaking diapers, and twelve finger-painted masterpieces. And I did call the local paper about placing an ad for a new employee.”

“That’s good.” He took a swallow of beer and eyed her steadily. “What’s bugging you, then, besides the fact I left you stranded with Jackson?”

“I was a little pissed, but I’m over it. What I’m not over is this.” She spread her arms wide. “You and me, hanging out like an old married couple discussing our day.” She placed her beer on the table then pressed a hand to her breasts. “It isn’t helping, Cole. It’s making me want something I can’t have.”

He reared back. “I want it, too.”

“No, you only want part of it.” She pointed at Jackson who’d crawled into the grass to sit near Tucker. The boy threw dandelions into the air and giggled when they showered down on the dog. Miranda’s eyes clouded. “I want it all.”

“Maybe…”

“No maybe.” Swinging around, she crossed the patio. “I’ll go make a salad, and we won’t talk about this again.”

Cole stared after her departing back, and to his amazement, tears burned his eyes. He loved Miranda with an intensity that shook him to his soul. But was it enough to forgo his freedom?




Write about what you know.  I’ve taken this advice to heart, creating characters who live in small towns and plots that unfold in the great outdoors.

I grew up in Gasquet, a tiny town in Northern California, where as kids we swam in the river, ran wild in the woods, and rode our bikes every-where we wanted to go.  Now I live in Tahoe City with my husband, two daughters, and dog, Ginger.  When I’m not busy writing or being a full time mom, I enjoy taking Ginger for hikes in the woods around our home.

Whether I’m writing romantic suspense, contemporary, or historical romance, I try to bring the beauty of nature to my stories.

I graduated from U.C. Davis with a double major in history and creative writing.  Though I’ve worked in both the restaurant and ski industries, I never wanted to be anything but a writer.  After many years of pursuing my passion, I’ve finally achieved success, proof positive that dreams do come true


Blog    
Facebook   
Goodreads   
Twitter  
Website   


TOUR SCHEDULE
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Nancy Jardine features                                     
Kristy Centeno                                              
Finding Fantastical Books                                  

Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Authors’ Cafe                                                        
Romance Me                                                               
What Readers Want                                                 

Thursday, February 20, 2014
Kristina Knight, Romance Author                                     
The Book Review                                                                   
For Whom The Books Toll                                           

Friday, February 21, 2014
WordWranglers                                                              
Romance Writer Sara Walter Ellwood                             
Loralee Lillibridge – Blogging Across the Back Fence     

Saturday, February 22, 2014
M.J. Schiller, Romance Author                                             


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having us! I hope everyone enjoys the books! Mine is currently free on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete