Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Author Wednesday~Kari March~

                                    © Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images  

It's Author Wednesday at For Whom The Books Toll. I'm interviewing author Kari March!

Thanks for being here today Kari.
Thanks so much for having me!! 


Please share a few fun facts about yourself that most people don't know.
1. I love summer time!! It is the best time of year by far for me. I love relaxing in the sun and playing with my kids outside every night!
2. I'm obsessed with gummy bears! I have to have them when I write. It is like my brain won't work without them.
3.  I have lived in the same city, Aurora Colorado, my whole life. I was born and raised here and never plan on leaving!

When did you start writing?
 I secretively wrote a few short stories in middle school and high school but my real passion for it started last year when I sat down and began writing Promise Me Always.

Do you consider yourself a plotter, or pantser or a hybrid?
Definitely a hybrid! I map out stories in my head but when I start writing things always change!  

Can you tell us about your current book, Promise Me Always?
Of course! This is a story that is very close to my heart. It is about Blake and Tessa, two high school friends that are pulled closer together by Tessa's sister Palmer. They have to overcome every obstacle you can image to find their way. A friends turn to lovers story with many twist and turns along the way!

What is your hero and heroine like?
Blake Bentley is the sweetest, hottest guy ever. I mean he is a bad boy, tattooed, firefighter with a bit of a temper, what could be hotter than that? His need and desire to protect Tessa are unreal. He has always had a crush on her but never thought she deserved him, as his childhood was rough. In Promise Me Always he is forced to realize that everything he was ever told about himself is wrong. He struggles to find his place in Tessa's life but being the strong woman Tessa is she helps him find his way.

Tessa Collins is your typical twenty one year old woman. She is strong willed, quick tempered and a bit of a smart ass. Unfortunately, for her she bottles up her emotions. This makes for some major communication issues between her and Blake. 

If you could travel in a time machine, would go back to the past or to the future?
I would do both if I could.....but since I have to choose I guess I would go to the future. 

Other than writing, what are some of your passions in life?
My family is my first passion, always. But photography would be a close second! On top of writing, I also have my own photography company.

If you could have any superpower what would you choose?
I would want to be able to fly...lol....even though I am terrified of heights, it would be amazing to be able to soar in the clouds. 

Some fun questions:

Coffee or tea?
Tea always - unless I am at Starbucks ;)

Sweet or salty?
Salty usually unless there are gummy bears! 

Mountains or beach?
Beach! I see the mountains everyday and even though they are stunning I love sitting on the beach soaking up the sun!

Favorite ice cream?
Cookies and Cream

Bad boy or good guy?
Bad Boy for sure!!

It was a pleasure having you here today. Please come back anytime.






Blurb:
Blake Bentley had a rough upbringing, never fully believing he was good enough for anything or anyone. After being left with a broken heart by his only girlfriend, Blake swore off relationships for good and turned to the only two things that made him feel sufficient - sex and firefighting. 

Tessa Collins was brought up in the traditional 'perfect' family - loving parents, great sister, and amazing friends. After falling in love with Jared, her life was perfect - until he betrayed her. She has no idea that his betrayal could end up costing her more than just a shattered heart.

Blake and Tessa have been friends since high school. Never wanting to admit their attraction for each other, the two always remained close friends. Now, three years later, Blake and Tessa find themselves being pulled together by a force much greater than friendship. 

Blake and Tessa have promised to be friends forever, but as fate pulls them together, they embark on a roller coaster ride of a lifetime. Will his self doubt and her insecurities keep them apart? Or will they be able to promise each other always? 

Buy Links:
Amazon:
Promise Me Always (Always Series)
Barnes & Noble

And don't forget to check out book 2, Always Yours expected to be out July 2014.



I am a new adult contemporary author that is currently working on my first novel, Promise Me Always.

I am a wife, mother of 2, photographer, graphic designer, cover designer, blogger and avid reader!

I was born in the great state of Colorado and still reside their today with my amazing family.


I hope you enjoyed today's Author Wednesday with Kari March.  Please stop back next Wednesday when Toby Neal will be here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment