Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Author Wednesdays~Jill Prand~

 © Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images  

It's Author Wednesday on For Whom The Books Toll and my guest is Jill Prand. Thanks for being here today Jill. Jill has a surprise in store for us today:



We’re here today with Brad Hammer from Walk Into Me by Jill Prand. 
Hi Brad we’re so excited to have you here (fans self) How is everything going with Lisa?
Well Lisa is getting better every day. I think she’s finally come to terms with the fact that Bobby’s not coming back and we really have a chance to be together now. I’ve never felt closer to her. 

That smile on your face says it all. Is being with Lisa now worth all the pain you went through in the past?
To tell you the truth now that we’re together I don’t think I would change anything. I understood that Bobby was the one she thought was her soulmate but now that he’s gone we are finally getting our chance. 

What in Lisa stole your heart?
What didn’t. (he laughs) Everyone always sees that I was there for her but she was my support too. My home life wasn’t always the best growing up and she was always there to talk to and help me. She always reminded me that I was worth something. That no matter how many times my father beat me I was perfect to her. How could you not love someone like that? 

So you don’t think she’s selfish?
Not in any way. You have to know her like I do. She never intentionally hurt me. She never led me on telling me that she wanted more. Until this past December she never even let herself think about us being together. I knew what I was doing and I don’t blame her for anything.

What about the night the two of you lost your virginity?
She was hurting and if anything I took advantage of her. I knew she had been with Bobby and that he had hurt her again and if I had been a real friend to her that night I would have just taken her home. But I was the selfish one that night, I knew it would probably be the only time we’d be together so I took it. 

Do you regret it?
Never. I lost my virginity to the one woman who will always hold my heart. How many of us can say that?

Where do you see the two of you in a year?
Hopefully she will let me move in with her and Cas. I want to spend the rest of my life making her happy and I think she finally wants that too.

Do you think she still loves Bobby?
She will always love Bobby but he’s not here and he’s not coming back so I have nothing to worry about.

I want to thank you for talking to us today Brad. I hope everything works out for you and Lisa. You deserve it.
Thank you for having me and believe me when I say that Lisa and I will be together for a very long time.

Here's a couple of interesting facts about Jill:
If I were stuck on a desert island this is what I wish I had with me:
Top 5 Movies:
Pride & Prejudice 
My Fair Lady
Practical Magic
Grownups 
Silence of the Lambs

Five Books on my Kindle (okay I’m cheating on this one a little):
Thoughtless Trilogy by SC Stephens
Anything by Nicole Edwards ** this one will update every time a new one is released** 
Anything by Olivia Cunning  ** this one will update every time a new one is released**
Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day (All five – even though only 3 have been released)
Bronte Sisters – The Complete Novels

Blurb: 
I know I will never get over her. Watching her walk away with him ripped my heart out and left it bleeding on the floor. But I can’t hide anymore. I have to face my life without her. ~ Brad

Brad has been in love with Lisa for as long as he can remember. One night years ago they took each other’s virginity but while it was the best night of Brad’s life, for Lisa it was a way to forget about Bobby. Or was it? 

Brad re-emerges right when Lisa needs him most. Only Brad knows everything about her and when Lisa’s insecurities come to the surface the shoulder Lisa needs is Brad’s. Now Brad has to decide if he has it in him to trust his heart.   



Buy Links:
Amazon US:
Walk Into Me (Walking Series)
Amazon UK
Barnes & Noble
iTunes
Kobo
Smashwords



Excerpt:
Lisa & Bobby  *18+ only
He raises his head and the pleading look in his eyes undoes me. I grab him, pulling his face up to mine as I open my legs for him. The second our lips meet the fire bursts between us. My body aches for the touch of his hands on me, the feel of his mouth, his length inside me. All thoughts of the talk we need to have vanish and it is just Bobby and me, doing what we do best. Our bodies know this dance, but it always feels new. I tug at his shirt unable to get it off fast enough. He pushes off me, kneeling between my legs as he grabs the back of his shirt the way men do, and throws it on the floor. My eyes drink him in; he is so perfect. His body is built like a swimmer’s, not too much muscle, but clearly defined. He has just a smidgen of hair on his chest and a happy trail that leads to nirvana. Scars mar his beauty reminding me of the perils of his work. The need to touch him overtakes me and I reach up to him. Taking my hand he pulls me up, “Your turn now baby. I need to see you, too.”

I pull my jersey over my head and it joins his shirt on the floor. I unclasp my bra, letting the straps fall off my shoulders, but holding it in front. Bobby moans, “Take it off baby. Now.”

Grinning wickedly at him, it makes me feel so powerful knowing how I affect him. I slowly remove my left arm from the strap. Switching hands on the cups I repeat the process on the right, never taking my eyes off him. “Lose the pants and I’ll drop it.”

He’s off the bed in a flash, pushing out of his shoes and undoing his pants, his eyes never leave mine as I move back to lean against the headboard.  He pushes his pants and underwear off in one smooth motion, kicking them to the side, as I drop the bra. I cup my breasts and pinch my nipples. “Show me what you’ve got for me, doll. Stroke it for me.” He growls, but complies with my wishes, it’s not often I take control of our lovemaking, but when I do I know just how to drive him to the edge. He strokes his impressive cock and I can see he’s having trouble holding back, there is already pre-cum pooling at the tip. I continue to pull on my breasts in time to the rhythm of his hand on his erection drawing a moan from my mouth. God, he is beautiful, and all mine. I can’t take any more of this torture, “I need your mouth on me.” It comes out as practically a whisper, but he hears me.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmirRYHAtqTN581YeJkZzx7yBtY8v14Mt 

Blurb: 
At the age of seventeen, Lisa was broken when Bobby left. He was supposed to be her first. First Love. First Time. First Everything. No word for six long years. She moved away from the painful reminders sacrificing her relationship with her best friend Brad. She struggled to rebuild her life.

Now six years later she returns as a strong, successful woman grabbing a job at one of New York’s hottest marketing agencies. She is dating a gorgeous guy with his eyes on a corner office. But it all changes when she sees Bobby again.

Can she risk another heartbreak from Bobby? Will she be able to repair her friendship with Brad? Lisa will have to decide between the man she's with, and the two men that want her.

Who will she be with, and who will she tell to "Watch Me Walk Away?"

Buy Links:
Amazon:
Barnes & Noble
iTunes
Kobo

Excerpt: Lisa & Brad

“Wait,” I look up at him. “We need to get some things straight between us. I’m sorry that I screwed us up. I never should have asked you to be with me just because Bobby rejected me. I was angry and hurt but that did not give me the right to use you. It was not my intention to change our relationship and if I could go back to that night I would do it because I lost my best friend that night and I want him back.”

“You didn’t lose me Lisa. You could never lose me. Do I want more than friendship with you? Yes but I wanted that before we slept together. If all I can have of you is friendship I’ll take it. Do I fantasize about you waking up one morning and seeing that Bobby is not worthy of your love? Hell yes because I don’t want to have to pick up pieces of your heart again. And I owe you an apology too. After that night you needed me to be your friend and all I wanted was to be with you again. I couldn’t see that by not letting you heal first I was pushing you away. I wonder all the time if I had just stopped and not pushed you to give me what I wanted if somehow we could have eventually come together. So now I will be your friend because not having you in my life at all is worse than having to be just a friend.”

The tears are running down my cheek and he pulls me into his arms. He doesn’t say anything else just rubs the back of my neck. Why can’t I love this guy? How can my heart want anyone else? I put my arms around his waist and hold tight which is a good thing because just then we run aground. The boat stops suddenly and we are pitched forward. Brad puts the engine in reverse but all that happens is brown silt is churned up by the outboard motor. Brad cuts the engine so we don’t burn it out.

“Looks like we’re stuck here for a while,” he says as he puts his arms back around me. “High tide is in about an hour so we shouldn’t have to wait too long to get free.”

I can’t help but laugh. It starts out as a chuckle but starts to build. I feel his responding laugh starting as I pull away and look up at him, “Well this is a familiar dilemma. But I am not jumping in the water to get us unstuck. If we need to lighten up you are going in.”

“It’s my boat and I have to drive it,” he is still laughing.

“Yes but you weigh almost two of me so we will rise twice as far. And you’re stronger than me, you can push us off. And I have driven this boat before.” I point out. 

“Like seven or eight years ago,” he says. “It’s a moot point anyway, I don’t mind waiting on the tide.”

I walk to the bow and sit on one of the benches there, “Fine we will wait for the tide.”

He comes and sits opposite of me, “Well then finish telling me about Bobby and Stuart.”

And just like that I have my friend back. I tell him everything, all my feelings and fears. The fact that my body still reacts to Bobby when he touches me or even looks at me. That I’m scared he’ll break me apart but more scared that if I don’t give it a chance I will regret it for the rest of my life. I tell him about my night with Stuart and that I can’t see myself with him this time next month. 

Then he asks me a question that floors me, “Out of all the men in your life, who can you see still being there with you in five years?”

My only answer, “You.”


Watch Me Walk Away Playlist:
What Hurts the Most – Rascal Flatts
Walk Away – Kelly Clarkson
Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye
Born This Way – Lady Gaga
SexyBack – Justin Timberlake
Drive By – Train
Someone Like You – Adele
Love Her Madly – The Doors
Not Over You – Gavin DeGraw
Wide Awake – Katy Perry
Here With Me – The Killers
Ho-Hey – The Lumineers
When I Was Your Man – Bruno Mars
Somebody’s Heartbreak – Hunter Hayes
Wanted – Hunter Hayes
https://play.spotify.com/user/1261941870/playlist/3cRGUgoJF3hZYPEMoL3LBM



Author Bio: 
Living in Northern New Jersey originally from Long Island, Jill Prand is a wife and mother of two girls. She's been an avid reader all her life, spending Sunday afternoons curled up with a good book. "We had a huge bookshelf in our den when I was a child with a diverse set of authors like Ayn Rand, Stephen King, Mario Puzo & Danielle Steele. I cut my literary teeth on Walter Farley, Judy Blume and SE Hinton before raiding my parent’s library." Jill is currently working on the Walking Series as well as a standalone novel. She loves to hear from readers.

Author links: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/509195279140354/ 
http://www.amazon.com/Jill-Prand/e/B00D9XW260/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7047831.Jill_Prand
https://www.facebook.com/JillPrand 
http://jillprand.blogspot.com 
http://pinterest.com/jmprand/boards/ 
https://twitter.com/jprand 



I'd like to thank Jill again for taking time out of her busy schedule to be here today. Please stop by next Wednesday when my guest will be Kari March!

No comments:

Post a Comment