Wednesday, June 11, 2014

~~Author Wednesdays--Jordan Ashley!!~~~

© Astine | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images  


It's Wednesday and you know what that means!!! It's time for Author Wednesdays on For Whom The Books Toll. My guest today is Jordan Ashley.


Congratulations Jordan on your first book being published. That's so exciting!!

All The Difference is the first book in the Club Aries series.  How many books
are you planning?
Too many to count? Haha. Well as of right now I have 11 books planned, but the boys may speak to me and have more to say. The first 6 revolve around the brothers seen at the end of All The Difference. 
Book 1 is Diego’s story, the heart of his family – the one that brought them all together.  He meets his true love by chance in a hotel bar, and it’s love at first sight.  Their story came up on me while I was at Romanticon 2012 while getting to talk to David Nieves. It’s a bit of a fantasy fulfillment for me to write their story. 
Book 2 is Adrian’s story, titled Chivalry Isn’t Dead.  He meets his love over the events of book one  I was asked by Ace “Boogie” at Romanticon 2013 if I would write a book for him after he read the first chapter of All The Difference.  I knew I could, and then knew I just needed to weave him into Diego’s story.  Chivalry Isn’t Dead is a bit longer than book 1, about 10k longer actually and you see more of the world, and the brothers. 
Book 3 is Travis’ story.  Travis was inspired by Taylor Cole, and his baby is Taylor’s Mustang that he has pictures of on Facebook. He meets up with a blonde bombshell who knows what she wants, and goes after it no matter what the danger.  She’s reckless and I had so much fun writing Katie. Especially a scene in which her Arachnophobia is revealed, that scene was inspired by my best friend (Of whom the second part of the dedication will be to her)  She actually had it happen to her, and I laughed so hard when she was telling me about it.  Once she actually stopped and heard how hard I was laughing she actually asked me; “You’re putting this in a book aren’t you?” She knows me so well. 
Book 4 I’m working on now, and centers around Vincent and Jamie’s best friend, Mallory from book 1. They’re brought together because of Jamie and Diego, and so far I’m loving the cat and mouse game that’s going on with them.  DeAngelo inspired Vincent – He’s another of Ellora’s Cave cover models, and he’s SUCH a sweetheart.  There’s a couple of pictures of he and I on my Facebook page. 
Book 5 Will be Jason’s story.  He will be out of Aries by his book, opening up his own bar, The Red Zone bar and grill. Sound familiar? It should, his inspiration came from Justin Whitfield. Jason and Joey’s sister (You meet him in book one, her in book two) hit it off pretty well, but the family is going to be disrupted by a health scare. 
Book 6 is Nicholas’ story. He is the ONLY one whose name I did not change from their inspiration.  Nicholas is inspired by Nick Soto.  He will be seeking out one of Jamie’s friends until he meets an unexpected surprise.  I can’t wait for this book, I already have so many ideas rolling around, but I need to write chronologically. 
7-11 aren’t plotted yet, BUT they’ll be revolving around others mentioned in the first three books (so far) Luka, Joey, Iain, Shawn and Sebastian 

There’s also going to be a spin off series for some women you’ll be meeting in book four.  Their stories will hold “The Libra Sisters” as the series titles. 

Wow, sounds like you're going to be very very busy writing.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m a down to earth person, really approachable and I love meeting new people.  I’m a mom of three kids, and I’m still going through a pretty cutthroat divorce, but luckily I met my soul mate and he’s been my rock through this. 
I’m a really busy person with my writing, my kids, I have a day job – cashier at Kohl’s, I made my own candles, and I’m going back to school for Massage Therapy (Mallory’s new job ;)) in August. I do always find time to be on Facebook and communicate with my friends there. 

Do you consider yourself a plotter, or pantser or a hybrid?
OH definitely a hybrid.  I write out the overall arc, and then let the story unfold from there. I let the characters tell the story once I “play God” by telling them what their destination is, they tell me how they get there. 

What’s the hardest thing about writing and how do you handle it?
OH the first chapter, always. I write it probably three times.  The only one I didn’t have this issue with was All The Difference.  Book 2, 3, and now 4, I’ve redone the first chapter multiple times.  You only get one chance to make an impression, that first line, first sentence, first paragraph can make or break your novel, and it’s what I agonize over for days.  I just keep at it. Write, revise, scrap completely, re-write… eventually it gets there

If you could have dinner with 5 people, who would you choose and why?
OH dear. Five people? That’s really, really difficult. 
Okay… 
Julie Garwood. She was the first romance author I ever read, and I started out with Saving Grace as my first.  I connected with Johanna on a VERY personal level, and to this day is my favorite book of hers.  I’d love to just get to know her as a person, see what inspires her, what inspired every book she wrote. 
L.J. Smith. Another author, she originally penned the Vampire Diaries series.  I refuse to watch the TV show because of what they did to her ownership of the characters.  I would like to tell her she inspired my love of writing.  If you look at my interview on my Siren author page you’ll see I wrote my first fan fiction because of her Dark Visions trilogy.  I never looked back after that.  I would need to thank her. 
Natalie Portman. She is by far my favorite actress, I have loved her since I first saw her in Where the Heart Is. 
Either of the Winchester brothers (Jared Padalecki or Jensen Ackles) Just to be able to drool a bit? They’re hot, really, really hot. LOL!! Loved the both of them since Gilmore Girls and Dark Angel. Jensen has always played the sarcastic badass for me lol. 
This one is gonna hit closer to home. My boyfriend. LOL We work so much or we have the kids, it’s just so difficult to be able to have a date night.  We live together, see him every day, and every day I miss him more and more. 

If you could have any superpower what would you choose?
That one’s a toss-up. LOL It would either be Clairvoyance – my definition is the ability to see the past and future, and see people for who they really are, scum bags, jerks, liars, or the truly good people.  I’ve been used and lied to, and stabbed in the back so many times that this power would really come in handy. It’s my trusting nature. 
OR I would take Electrokinesis.  That would be the ability to control, manipulate, and manifest electricity. People tick me off? They’ll get a zap to the ass! LOL

Anything else you'd like to add?
I really hope everyone enjoys my Aries brothers.  I love them so much that they have become family to me. Tell your friends, and be patient with me as I juggle all my balls *snigger* and try to get these books out to everyone.  I have a lot more planned, and I’m just getting started. 

Alright everyone, Jordan's working hard to bring us hunky men stories, so get out there and show her some love and buy her books.

Thanks for being here today, Jordan. I know you're very busy with getting those books about the Club Aries men written.


Title: All The Difference
Author: Jordan Ashley
Series: Club Aries book 1
Genre:  Erotic Romance, Contemporary
Word Count: 23,452
Heat Level: SCORCHING
Published By: Siren-BookStrand, Inc.

Blurb:

Jamie Monroe had enough of her monotonous life. One quiet weekend away to a local hotel in Nashville, Tennessee was just the ticket she needed. That option flew out the window the moment she met eyes with Diego Ramirez. Sexual tension flowed even across the room, and only intensified as he turned his full attention onto her for the evening.

Diego lived a fast-paced life of fitness competitions, photoshoots, and dancing onstage at Club Aries. One night with Jamie was enough for him to finally hit the pause button and lose himself in one woman. He didn’t count on her writhing her way under the walls he’d so carefully built around his heart.

Both of their personal insecurities keeps them from contacting the other for six full weeks after that whirlwind weekend. Their love for each other burned brightly over that weekend, but can it be a bright enough beacon to make All The Difference?
[Siren Classic: Erotic Contemporary Romance, HEA]

Buy Link:
Bookstrand


This title is offered at a 10% discount. Offer ends midnight CST, June 17th.

[Siren Classic: Erotic Contemporary Romance, HEA]


Click here for an excerpt.



Title: Chivalry Isn't Dead
Author: Jordan Ashley
Series: Club Aries Book 2
Publication Date:  July 1, 2014
Publisher: Siren-BookStrand, Inc.
Genre:  Erotic Romance, Contemporary

Blurb:
One bachelorette party was enough to change Natasha Franklin’s perspective on chivalry.  She was certain it was dead and buried.  Meeting Adrian Roman and finding her kindred spirit within him was more than enough to make her rethink her view on men. One date with him and she knew that she couldn’t let him go.  The distance geographically made things difficult, and despite that Natasha felt herself falling in love with Adrian.

Everything changed when he got a phone call from Natasha that wasn’t really a phone call.  He knew within seconds she had dialed on purpose, for him to save her.  He found her in her home bloodied and bruised, and vowed revenge on the bastard that dared touch her. With his brothers backing him he sought out the asshole responsible, defending her honor, and hoping to prove to Natasha once and for all that Chivalry Isn’t Dead.

Unedited excerpt:
Adrian grinned down at her and tilted his head a little as he looked at her. “You kept up pretty well. You’re a dancer?”

Natasha shrugged, moving her shoulders against the hardwood floor under her. “Not like you. I do recreational freestyle. I kinda want to be a choreographer, like for music videos and stuff?”

Adrian smiled down at her. “You move that well. I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to.”

“Bowling Green, Kentucky. I’ve never heard of anyone famous being from Kentucky,” Natasha corrected, smirking up at him. “But thanks for the vote of confidence.” Adrian nodded, and while the conversation seemed finished, he still remained crouched next to her, looking at her closely. “What?” she asked, smiling up at him.

He laughed softly and looked away from her, seemingly embarrassed. “When are you leaving for Kentucky?”

“Supposed to leave later this evening, why?”

Adrian nodded a little, and gave her an apologetic smile. “I was hoping to perhaps get to spend more time with you. If you would be all right with that?”

Natasha’s eyes widened, and she knew her excitement was showing in the grin that spread on her lips. “Yeah. Uh…Raven drove us down, but I’m sure an hour ride in a taxi wouldn’t be too bad.”

Adrian shook his head. “Nonsense. You should go with your friends…or—” He paused, suddenly seeming unsure of his next words.

Natasha leaned up on her elbows, looking up at him, it put her much closer to him than she had been, and as the word “what” escaped her lips, she was hit with the scent of him—all man and the faint scent of the cologne he must have applied before coming into his studio. It was almost intoxicating, and she wondered if there was some sort of real love potion he may have been in possession of. Well, perhaps not a love potion, more like a lust potion from the way her stomach tightened, and she shifted her hips slightly back and forth under her to quell the sensation of feeling her panties getting wet just from smelling him.

“I could take you home…”

With those words, Natasha knew she was done for. She swallowed roughly and passed a glance over at Raven and Parker who was staring at her incredulously. “For a date, you would drive two hours total to drive me home?”

Adrian shrugged and smiled at her. “When you put it like that it seems extensive.”

“How would you put it?” Natasha asked, sitting up to look directly into his eyes.

Adrian laughed softly and nodded a little. “More like getting to spend one more blissful hour with a beautiful woman and one hour remembering every moment on the way home.”

All of Natasha’s breath left her in a rush. She was stunned speechless. There was, of course, only one thing she could possibly say to him. “Okay.”


Title: Now or Never
Author: Jordan Ashley
Series: Club Aries Book 3
Publication Date: July 30, 2014
Publisher: Siren-BookStrand, Inc.
Genre:  Erotic Romance, Contemporary

Jordan doesn't have a cover yet for Now or Never but I will post it as soon as I can.

Author Bio:

Jordan Ashley lives in a tourist trap near the lake in Ohio where the winters are like a ghost town and colder than she cares for, and the summers are crowded and the traffic sucks.

A divorced mom of three children, cat owner to a spoiled rotten Mainecoon, and soul mate to a self proclaimed werewolf, she spends most of her time devoted to them. As a teenager before the ‘hellions’ were born she found these voices in her head that just wouldn’t quiet and so began her love for writing. She listened to every word and finished her first novel before she was eighteen. She didn’t embrace her ‘naughty’ side until her marriage began to get rocky and suddenly many other options existed for her writing.

She found comfort in these new worlds that opened up before her, and found an outlet in them during the harshest parts of the separation. Now that her dream of being published has been brought to reality she cannot wait to reveal all these crazy characters to the masses, hoping they will love them as much as she does.

Jordan’s passion is her writing, but she also enjoys getting lost in fantastic worlds on TV. Her favorites include Game of Thrones, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Once Upon a Time, and Supernatural. She is inspired by people in her life, and situations she or her friends find themselves in. She also has a secret (not so secret) addiction to Facebook and coffee – which she takes in 16oz mugs with inspirational quotes on them.

Contact Jordan:
Email her at: Authorjordanashley@Hotmail.com

Thanks again Jordan for being here today and sharing about the books in the Club Aries series.

Please stop back next Wednesday when C.H. Admirand will be here.





No comments:

Post a Comment